This Category is in response to those who have requested material for training and staff development of Child Care Professionals…
It is a tool to help new caregivers with a smooth transition into the world of Child Care. It can also be utilized in the development of new directors or for continued professional growth.
The resource material on Kid Activities has been compiled from years of personal experience, professional observations, continuing program assessments, and in-depth interviews with lead caregivers and their assistants.
This page is only a sample of training tips and articles— check the menu under “Articles”–and ‘Behavior Management’ for other pages that may be of interest.
Wishing you happy days!
- Why is the Orientation Process Important? What should program managers consider?
- Do’s and Don’ts of SchoolAge Care
- Discipline/Behavior Management is ChildCare Programs
- Don’t MAKE Kids Say “Sorry“
- Don’t Ask Kids “Why“
- Does your Program Environment Say You’re a Professional?
- Why Don’t Some Kid’s Activities Work?
- When Kids say “I’m Bored” with a List of SAC Ideas for Bored Kids
- Sharing Child Care Program Space
- Activities to Promote Competence and Self-Esteen
- Ways to Thank Your Staff