A great way to supplement 'Trash to Treasure' and 'Arts and Craft' Supplies is by putting out a request list! You can make and do all kinds of wonderful things with some of the below ideas!
- Old jewelry
- Dress up clothes, purses, scarves, shawls, high heels
- Old costumes
- Dance recital costumes
- Ties, Men's jackets
'IN CASE OF PERSONAL' ACCIDENTS OR INCLEMENT WEATHER
- Outgrown-good shape under-wear in a variety of sizes
- Outgrown-good shape children's pants and t-shirts in variety of sizes
- Mittens, hats
COOKING PROJECTS (AND ART )
- Toaster oven
- Crock pot
- Electric mixer
- Electric griddle or fry pan
- Electric hot plate
- Hot gloves/hot pads
- Kitchen towels
- Sponges (Also to shape for art stamping)
- Large mixing bowls
- Spoons, spatulas, measuring spoons and cups
- Tape recorder
- T.V. with video/DVD player
- G-Rated DVD's-Videos
- Children's Books
- Unused birthday and holiday cups and plates
- Unused birthday and holiday napkins
- Gently used games
- Gently used toys of all kinds
- Homework Supplies
- Small appliances to take apart and/or recreate
TRASH TO TREASURE For ART and CRAFTS
- Small to medium gift boxes (for gifts and creating building projects)
- Shoe boxes (dioramas and games)
- Buttons, beads
- Paper towel and tissue rolls; paper tubes of all kinds
- Dried beans, seeds rice and grain for art/collages
- Christmas general, and birthday wrap (gently used)
- Wallpaper, wallpaper books
- Crochet thread (strings for weaving)
- Yarn, yarn, yarn
- Rubber Bands
- Paper doilies
- Tinsel, garland
- Old clean socks (for indoor or warm-winter State snowball fights and making puppets)
- Mittens, hats (for crafts)
- Plastic serving trays
- Margarine bowls, cottage cheese containers, etc (for crafts or holding supplies)
- Pringles cans – Lays Stax – Whiska snacks containers (any plastic container with lid)
- Coffee cans with lids
- Zip-lock storage bags
- Old magnets from fridge
- Tissue paper from gifts
- Wire hangers
- Sewing items-yarn, thread, needles, pins
- Silk flowers (all sizes)
- Shaped unused pasta noodles, dried spaghetti noodles
- Left-over craft supplies
- Magazines, magazines, magazines (check for appropriateness)
- Old calendars with nice pictures
- Old coffee table art books
- Flat bed sheets (use outside or inside for kids to play on/with)
- Books from hair stylists
- Old animal books or animal magazines
- Paper bags (all sizes)
- Old bingo dabbers
- Envelopes (makes great little gift sacs)
- Different size smooth stones
- Small sea shells
- Flour, corn starch, salt, corn syrup, Kool-Aid, cinamon, etc. for goop/slime and play dough
- Dryer lint (for play dough)
- Film tubes
- Card board (small to 16 x 20)
- Corrugated cardboard
- Canvas boards
- Clean nylon stockings (for wire and stocking sculptures)
- Unscented and scented baby wipes
- Aluminum foil, wax paper, paper towels, facial tissues
- Wood scraps – interesting shapes – small wood scraps (any wood crafters in your district?)
- Plexiglas (any sizes)
- Bottles, baby food jars, old vases
- How to Art books for program library
- Plastic table cloths
- Eye droppers
- Paper of all kinds: Copy, lined, index cards, colored
- Office supplies
- Pliers - any kind – hand tools (hammers, screw drivers)
- Old file cabinets
Eleven Things to Collect for Art Collage...
- Torn up bits of old paintings and drawings you don't want to keep.
- Labels from boxes, cans, candy bars and bottles (Soak them off then dry them).
- Used postage stamps, especially from all over the world.
- Shiny Mylar foil balloons that have gone flat.
- Short pieces of string, yarn, thread, twine, ribbon and lace (Short pieces...don't keep too much).
- Words cut out of magazine headlines and ads.
- Broken jewelry.
- Seeds from flowers, kitchen spices, leftover garden stuff.
- Used tickets from shows and sports events.
- Things you can glue--- collected from trips/vacations.
Crafts of all Kinds
Crafts for crafts or Crafts that are great as Gifts
Children's Crafts that Smell Good!
Homemade Musical Instruments
Windsocks and Wind Chimes
Also...each and every 'Theme and Holiday' have Art and Craft activities that use recycled materials!
To use some of these items, you may want to check out the Recycled Category and Art Category. Many of these supplies can be used for some of the craft ideas on this site!
Other Pages that may interest you: