This is Page 2...back to page 1
CROCKPOT WEENIES AND SMOKIES...Good all year... but remember these for July: July is "National Hot Dog Month"!
CROCK POT LITTLE SMOKIES
2 packages Cocktail wieners or Little Smokies
1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
1 cup grape jelly
Combine cocktail wieners or little Smokies in Crockpot with chili sauce and grape jelly; cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
CROCKPOT SAUSAGE APPETIZERS
1 large jar (18 ounces) apricot or pineapple preserves
1/2 cup prepared mustard, yellow
6 green onions, with green, sliced
2 pounds cocktail franks or mini smoked sausages
In slow cooker, combine preserves and mustard. Stir in sliced green onions and franks or sausages. Cover and cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours, or until very hot. Stir to blend ingredients and serve immediately with toothpicks.
HOT DOG APPETIZER
(Crock Pot or Stove Top)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup brandy or apple juice concentrate
1 package cocktail hot dogs or regular hot dogs cut in 1 inch pieces
Mix all ingredients together; Put into crock pot on low for several hours.
SUGAR DOG APPETIZER (Slow Cooker)
3 packages hot dogs, cut into thirds
1 pound bacon, each piece cut in half
1 (2-pound) bag brown sugar
Wrap each piece of hot dog in a bacon strip. Place hot dogs in slow cooker. Pour bag of brown sugar over top. Cook on low until sugar melts.
Serves 18 as an appetizer.
SLOW COOKER SPICY FRANKS
1 cup ketchup
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
2 teaspoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1 pound frankfurters, cut in 1-inch pieces or 1 pound cocktail wieners or smoked sausages
Place ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, mustard and garlic in a 3 -quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on high setting until all elements blend into one delicious whole, about 1 to 2 hours. Stir in frankfurters. Cover and cook until thoroughly heated, 1 to 2 hours. Turn on low to keep warm and serve.
Serves: 6 to 8 as appetizer
HOT DOG & BACON APPETIZER
1 lb. bacon, sliced in half crosswise
Slice hot dogs crosswise in half. Wrap each hot dog half with a bacon strip. Fasten with toothpick. Layer in slow cooker/Crock Pot, sprinkling each layer with a thin layer of brown sugar. Repeat layers until hot dogs run out.
Cook on low for 2 to 3 hours, stirring gently every 20 minutes.
SWEET & SOUR FRANKS
1 cup chili sauce
1 cup currant jelly
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon prepared mustard
2 pounds cocktail franks, or hot dogs cut into 1-inch pieces
2 cans (8 ounces each) pineapple chunks
1. Combine first four ingredients in Crockpot; mix well to break up jelly chunks.
2. Cover and cook on high 15 to 20 minutes to soften jelly and blend sauce ingredients.
3. Add cut-up hot dogs or cocktail franks.
4. Add pineapple. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours; or low for 4 hours. Keep on low while serving.
GOODIES WITH TWINKIES...
TWINKIE STRAWBERRY SURPRISE!
10 Hostess Twinkie
1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
1 1/2 cups milk
1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
2 boxes sweetened frozen strawberry, thawed
TWINKIE/STRAWBERRY DESSERT #2
2 boxes Twinkies
1 large box strawberry gelatin
1 large box instant vanilla pudding
1 can strawberry pie filling
1 container Cool Whip
1. Line a 13 x 9-inch pan with Twinkies.
2. Mix gelatin according to package directions and pour over Twinkies.
3. Prepare pudding as directed and pour over gelatin.
4. Cover with pie filling and then top with Cool Whip.
5. Sprinkle with pecans. Chill at least 2 hours before serving. Serves 8 to 10.
TWINKIE DESSERT #3
7 (1.20 oz.) Heath bars, freeze shortly to crush each
1 pkg. French vanilla pudding or chocolate pudding
2 c. milk
8 oz. Cool Whip
1. Make pudding according to package directions, using 2 cups of milk.
2. Cut Twinkies in half lengthwise and place 1/2 on bottom of 9 x 13 inch pan; cream side up.
3. Top with 1/2 of the crushed Heath bars.
4. Cover with pudding and place remaining Twinkie halves on top.
5. Top with Cool Whip.
6. Garnish with remaining of Heath bars. Let set overnight
HOMEMADE SODA POP
Materials: Fruit Juice, Club Soda
Directions: Fill a glass 2/3 full with your favorite fruit juice. Then add club soda and stir briefly. For variety, try mixing two or more fruit juices, like orange and cranberry or grape and lemonade, before adding the club soda.
•Check out fantastic SMOOTHIE, SHAKES AND COOLER DRINKS!
•You'll also like the great variety of HOT COCOA RECIPES
Back to page 1 of No-Bake