GIFT SPOON IDEAS...USE FOR COFFEE, HOT CHOCOLATE OR TEA! Nice gifts but also a great winter time activity!!!
These are nice!
For 12 spoons need:
1 cup (6 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips and 12 heavy-duty plastic spoons in winter colors ( OR....pick up mismatched spoons at a thrift store)
Melt the chocolate in the microwave. Start at about 2 minutes and then keep checking. You don't want to burn the chocolate. Dip the spoons into the chocolate...allow the spoons to cool slightly, then dip them in the chocolate again. Repeat until chocolate reaches your desired thickness on the spoon. If a gift---after the spoons are cool, wrap them in gift cellophane and tie with a ribbon or yarn. Wonderful for coffee and hot chocolate...
PEPPERMINT CANDY SPOONS
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 candy cane or 5 peppermint candies, crushed
12 heavy-duty plastic spoons in Christmas colors
1. Put candy in a baggie and crush with a rolling pin.
2. Melt chocolate.
3. Dip spoons into chocolate to fill.
4. Sprinkle with crushed candy.
5. Place on waxed paper covered cookie sheet to cool.
Wrap with cellophane and tie with ribbons for gifts.
SWEET AND NICE TEA STIRERS
34 pieces crushed, flavored hard candy; 2 Tbls. light corn syrup; heavyweight clear plastic spoons
- Line a jellyroll pan with waxed paper and spray it with cooking spray. In a small, heavy saucepan- combine crushed candies and corn syrup over low heat. Continuously stir as the candy melts.
- Spoon the melted candy into the bowl of each spoon.
- Place the spoons on a prepared pan with a rim so the spoons are level. Let them stay until the candy again hardens.
- Store in airtight container or wrap in gift cellophane and ribbons for a gift.
TWO TEA GIFT IDEAS
#1 TEA FOR TWO GIFT
- Insert a small funnel into the top of a 3x4 resealable bag.
- Measure and pour into the bag- 2 teaspoons unsweetened instant tea, ½ tsp. sugar-free cranberry gelatin, and 1/4 tsp. cinnamon powder.
- Remove the funnel and seal the bag.
- Repeat for as many as desired (each gift bag should have two).
- Stack together two 10 ounce foam cups. Put the bags of tea mix into the top cup.
#2 RUSSIAN GIFT TEA
Put in a jar, wrap prettily and give with instructions.
2 cups Tang
1/2 cup instant tea
1 package lemonade mix-3 oz.
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 tsp. cloves (optional)
1/2 cup sugar
- Combine ingredients. Use 2 or 3 heaping teaspoons of mixture to each cup of water. Serve hot or cold.
- Include the recipe and preparation directions:
“Pour 8 ounces of boiling water into cup. Stir contents of one tea bag until dissolved. Add sugar to taste.”
- Wrap the cups in colorful tissue paper. Add a ribbon or bow.
CHECK OUT THE recipes and goodies with PRETZELS in the PRETZEL CATEGORY! So many it has its own category! Also has ideas to wrap gift wrap them...
HERSHEY'S KISSES Flower Bouquet
Materials: 6" lengths of 12 gauge floral wire
Silk flower leaves
Green floral tape
Hershey Kisses Milk Chocolates
To create Chocolate Roses:
- For each candy rose, spread glue on the bottom of one foil-wrapped chocolate. Firmly press the bottom of another chocolate to it.
- Insert florist wire into one pointed end of the double chocolates, twisting cellophane, continuing down the full length of wire with tape.
- Add 1 or 2 artificial leaves, if desired, securing leaves in place with florist tape.
You can also make them by taking two Hershey kisses... first insert a pipe cleaner or wire into one. Next attach kisses together at flat end with tape or glue; wrap them with red saran wrap. Take 2 wire leaves and attach them to the pipe cleaner with florist tape.......
RICE KRISPY HERSHEY KISS
For a Valentine's Day or _____ gift make -- a "Hershey Kiss" using rice krispie treats.
1. Make a batch of the krispie treats
2. Spray a funnel using Pam and push some of the treat into the funnel making a kiss shape.
3. Put the kiss shape onto a piece of foil and wrap it up. Add a gift carad saying I love you or _________!
CANDY CANE CAPPUCCINO (Gift Jar)
1 cup powdered non-dairy creamer
1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
1 cup instant coffee
1 cup hot cocoa mix
8 regular sized candy canes, crushed
Blend all ingredients in a food processor or blender until it becomes a smooth powder. Place mixture in small jars and decorate with fabric and ribbon-- and attach the tag.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR TAG (attach to jar/bag)... Candy Cane Cappuccino:
Stir 1 tablespoon of cappuccino mix into 1 cup boiling water. For a richer cup of cappuccino, place 1 tablespoon of mix into 1 cup of hot milk.
COCOA MIX GIFT #1 FOR A COLD DAY...
Small glass jar (baby food size)
1 serving of hot cocoa mix
About 1/4 cup of small marshmallows
4-inch or larger fabric scrap (depending on the size of your jar)
18" length of ribbon
Hershey Kiss candy
Small wrapped candy cane
Clean the jar and dry it well. Measure a one-cup serving of the hot cocoa mix into the jar. Fill the jar to the top with small marshmallows. . Cut the fabric scrap into a circle. Center the fabric circle on top of the jar lid. Tie the ribbon around the edge. Glue the Hershey Kiss on top of the fabric cover. Glue the candy cane to the side of the jar. Write a personal note and draw a candy cane or other symbol on the card.
Include simple directions like the following:
"Here's a little gift to warm you up on a cold afternoon. Simply pour this jar of cocoa mix into a mug filled with 6 to 8 oz. of hot water. Top with marshmallows and drop in the Hershey Kiss. Stir with the candy cane and enjoy!"
COCOA GIFT #2 (SNOWMAN SOUP) WITH POEMS
Place in a clear plastic bag...
1 individual pack hot chocolate mix
3 Hershey's chocolate kisses
1 small candy cane
Add one of the following poems...
COCOA POEM #1
When the weather outside is frightful,
Snowman Soup can be delightful.
May it warm your spirit and your soul.
Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow!
When you feel a chill or 'burrrrrr',
Use the peppermint stick to stir.
Add hot water and sip it slow.
Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow.
When it's so cold that you holler and whoop,
It's time to bring out the Snowman Soup!
Pour the packet in a mug. Add marshmallows too.
And throw in these kisses that are special just for you.
Now add some hot water and use the cane to stir it.
Sip slowly and soon you'll feel the warm winter spirit!
COCOA POEM #3
A little cup of cocoa, I'm sending your way,
For you to sip and enjoy, On some cold lonely day.
As you sip this cocoa, It's warmth will warm your heart...
Just like our friendship warmed mine, Right from the very start.
GOURMET APPLES (Adapted from Mrs. Z. Rochester, Mi.)
Apples MUST be dry and room temp.
•Put caramels in a crock pot (You can also microwave the caramel dip sold in stores)
Place Popsicle sticks in stems of large apples.
•Adult- When caramel is melted, put the apple on a stick in crock pot; make sure it’s totally covered.
•Let it drip; place on wax paper on a paper plate.
•Next have semi-sweet choc melted and put in baggie; snip off the corner of baggie and drizzle over caramel. You can also do white chocolate...
•Decorate with choice of colored sprinkles, nuts, m&m's, seasonal edible decorations, chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, Reese pieces etc. Mrs. Z gives children the choice of two decorations. (At home she does more)
•Lift off the paper plate and place on a doily.
These make a wonderful gift! For two other Apples on a Stick ideas, visit the Apple Foods category...
Bag of Large Marshmallows, Corn Syrup, Sugar Crystals, Cake Sparkle Sprinkles
• Gently brush each marshmallow with corn syrup.
• Roll in sugar crystals and cake sparkles.
• Set aside on parchment paper to dry.
• Cover lightly with saran wrap to keep air off so marshmallows don't dry out.
• Once set, place into snack-sized zip loc bags for gifts or later!
COLORED SUGARS IN PRETTY CONTAINERS to give as gifts! To make: Combine 1/4 t. food coloring, 1/4 t. water, 1/2 t. vanilla extract and 1/4 c. granulated white sugar. Mix together and spread out in a thin layer to dry. Rub out the lumps between your fingers to make the powder uniform. Use more food coloring for darker colors, and less food coloring for lighter hues.
You can use clean baby food jars and cover the tops with fabric/felt and ribbon! These are to be used on cookies and desserts...
Recipe #2 Without the vanilla and water-Materials: Ziploc bags, Granulated sugar, Food coloring, Paper plates
Put some sugar into a bag and add a drop of food coloring. Close the bag and, with your hand on the outside of the bag, mix the color in. You may need to add slightly more food coloring or sugar until you get the right color and texture (you don’t want the sugar to be at all damp). Tip the sugar on to a paper plate to dry. To use the sugar, tip it back into a clean bag, seal and break up any lumps which have formed. To give as a gift-layer in jars as directed above. They really do look like sand art!
HOLIDAY GUMDROP/SPICE DROP CANDY TREE
Gumdrop (Spice Drop) Candy
Styrofoam tree - Any size desired; sample is 6"
1. Cover the tree base with tin foil
2. Break toothpicks in half
3. Put a gumdrop on the broken side of the tooth pick...
3. Starting at the bottom of the tree, poke the pointed side of the tooth pick (with the gumdrop on it) into the tree.
4. Continue going around the tree until it's covered with the candy.
Use caution with young children ... it can be difficult removing the toothpicks. These should only be for decoration.
I remember making these in the late 1960's! Seeing a photo of one on a website --brought back some nice memories--so guess what?! I made one and "Hubby" made the other...(Barb)
Click Here for directions for "Candy Cane Seeds" and "Snowman and Reindeer Poop" Gifts!
Back to top of page
Other Craft Categories that are also great for Gifts are: